We are delighted at Billington Foodservice to be able to introduce our new Head of Development, Will Dickinson.
Will joined the group in March this year and brings with him a wealth of experiences and foodie knowledge. Having started his career in kitchens soon making his way to becoming part of the chef team at a Michelin starred restaurant Holbeck Ghyll in the North West, Will then progressed into the world of NPD working for Greencore. Innovation and creativity is in his blood, you can even see pictures of him in his whites on the back of pack of a few premium retail ranges.
Understanding trends and applying them to fit for purpose innovation is one of Will’s key skills and already he has created a step change in the approach of our development team at Billington Foodservice as well as becoming a go to person for our customers in less than 6 months with lockdown included.
To get to know him a little better we asked Will to take on a few quick questions…
- Favourite Food – Pizza all day long, with a bit of truffle too!
- What appeals about Innovation and development – I’ve always enjoyed creating delicious food and exploring the science behind it, and having my passion as my job is fantastic.
- Your credentials – Background chef roles and development – 18 years in the food industry, 10 years in restaurants including Michelin level.
- Your most memorable food safari – I’ve been lucky to have been on a number of great tours within my career, the most memorable was the USA, where we toured LA, San Fran, Austin and Napa – which included a real highlight having dinner at The French Laundry on my birthday.
- Your guilty pleasure – Cheese and Marmite toasties.
- Favourite Restaurant (brand and high end) – Brand – Wagamama. High end – Eleven Maddison Park.
- Impression of foodservice so far – Fast paced, exciting, foodie.
- Best and worst lockdown moments – My best moment was spending more time with my daughter; worst moment was realising all I’d done was eat and drink for three months.
- Billington foodservice and the future – what are your key objectives – A strong and motivated NPD team that are industry leaders.